Sunday, January 15, 2012

21. three weeks

They say it takes 21 days of doing something for it to become a habit. So, I'm good now, right? Just to be sure, let's make today a BIG day.

I'd originally planned to take it slow and purge a few items of clothing each week... but I'm not the post patient person. Yesterday, I spent a few minutes rearranging my closet so that all "like" items were together - skirts with skirts, dresses with dresses, t-shirts with t-shirts. Wow, do I have a LOT of t-shirts! So, I started there this morning:
That's 19! t-shirts, a hood sweatshirt and a couple dressier shirts that drive me nuts with the static (natural fibers, people!). Then I added four pair of khaki pants:
Yeah, all those plastic hangers went in the bag too. =)
And finally, the shoes took a big hit:
Seriously, I work from home now and if I even have shoes on, they're usually slippers. heh I really don't need so many choices anyway. I learned that lesson from traveling for so long. I got to where I wore a pair of tennis shoes and packed 1 pr of dress shoes, two max. A lot of these are very cheap and not-so-comfortable. Now, they can hurt someone else's feet. =) Not sure how I missed those two small purses before, but they're gone now too. I guess it's time for another trip to Goodwill!

What's lurking in your closet that shouldn't be there?

2 comments:

  1. shoes are definitely a problem for me! whenever something good or bad happened I would buy a pair. Then I broke a bone in my foot, and I haven't bought a pair of heels since. Now if I could just let go of the pairs that are pretty but hurt too much to wear now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! Go through and try them all on and toss any that don't fit comfortably into a bag. I did my first sort by sight, but I plan to go through and try the rest on and chuck any that aren't really comfy into a bag and toss them into my car to donate.

      Delete

please be kind =)