Monday, January 30, 2012

36. the family jewels

Or not.
Today, this jewelry box went into the donation box along with some inexpensive bracelets and necklaces and a couple pairs of earrings I haven't worn in years and probably never would again.

I brought back a larger jewelry box when I moved back to the NW and finally cleaned it up, sorted through my jewelry and decided what could go. I don't have a lot to begin with, but the larger box will allow me to better store necklaces so they don't get tangled and it was passed down from my mother. This was one of the very few items I'd like to have as family mementos. Another is the pendulum clock I also brought back with me. Both items need some work, but I love them. I was surprised to be given these items last year since my mother has not passed (and hopefully isn't even close). I think she decided it was better to give them to me now and let me enjoy them as both were collecting dust in home. She's quite the "collector" and it's nice to see her finally letting some things go. I do think her hearing about the things leaving my home is helping her to see her stuff differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)