Tuesday, January 3, 2012

9. tea for... nine?

Ah, yes, back to the kitchen today. I've always had a weakness for kitchen items but when my plans come to fruition, I won't have room for any items I don't love or use regularly. Time to purge! First up:
I found these as part of a set of china at a thrift store several years back. It wasn't a full set, but it was a great deal and they wouldn't break up the set so I bit. I've found the shallow bowls from this set make the best cat food dishes I've been able to find, better than any actual pet dish I've tried and I've tried several. lol The tea cups though, I've never used them. Ever. If I want a cup of tea, I grab a coffee mug so... pretty as they may be, it's time for them to go to a new home where they'll be used and appreciated and not just hung to collect dust. Don't be afraid to break up a set if you don't use some of the items.

After taking the tea cups down, I took the wooden accordian rack down that my coffee mugs had been on and moved those hooks to the bottom of the cabinet with my dishes and hung my coffee mugs on those instead. It looks so much less clutterd now that they all hang at the same level rather than covering that whole section of wall below the cabinet. This cabinet is smaller, leaving room for only 7 hooks though. This meant these:
also made their way into the giveaway box. =)

I also took a peek at the storage containers and found a couple that could happily go away.

And last, but not least:
I found a stainless steel ladel and pasta server on Sunday so the plastic ones have lost their positions in the utensil bucket. Buh-bye! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)