Friday, February 17, 2012

54. a little less organized

One of my favorite parts of getting rid of the excess is getting rid of the containers that excess once lived in. Storage is BIG business these days. We have entire stores devoted to ways to organize our crap, not to mention the ridiculous number of self-storage companies popping up everywhere. We have bigger houses to house all our crap. Our cars sit in the driveway because the garage is full of stuff we can't stuff into the house. So many houses are being built with 3- and 4-car garages just so there's maybe room for the actual car too. I try not to think about the amount of money I spent on my small storage unit for the 3+ years I was away from the NW and my stuff was here waiting for my return. I'm on my way to never needing one again though. How much of your living space are you giving up to storing items you don't need?

Today's items:
Four plastic baskets that used to hold items in my bathroom and a couple craft organizers that are no longer needed. I really do think this is my favorite type of clutter to see leaving my home. =)


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear I LOVE those baskets. I think I have a way to go to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I liked them too... I bought them! As I sort and purge though, I'm finding I have non-plastic alternatives for some of this stuff. I love seeing this stuff go.

      Delete
  2. I had so much fun a while back emptying plastic bins like those. I found that I had so many left over that I was able to give away the nasty cheap ugly ones and only keep the ones I genuinely enjoy using and looking at. My small quantity of makeup has never been so pampered, and my office supplies are looking cherished instead of "stashed"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I've been able to find non-plastic alternatives for the stuff I'm keeping - woven baskets, wooden bowls, fabric bins. Amazing what you find when you really start sorting through things!

      Delete

please be kind =)