Saturday, February 18, 2012

55. dropping my drawers

My goal for this past week was to get the six plastic drawers in the craft room emptied out so they could go away.

These drawers:
Yep. Empty! The two larger ones were stacked in my craft room and that smaller one was in my bathroom... also now empty as you can clearly see. I'm loving all the space I'm opening up in these rooms. =)

I put them on craigslist at a good price, but with these sitting in my living room right now where I have to look at them every day, if they don't sell quickly, they're headed to Goodwill. I need to make a Goodwill run (or at least rearrange what's already loaded) before I can put them into the car.

4 comments:

  1. I had some of those too... they are hard to let go somehow because they are so USEFUL.
    I had a set that I emptied and didn't want refilled so found a great use for them. For her 7th birthday, my neice got a set of my loved dolls, clothes and accessories wrapped up in a handy super-duper storage container. She LOVED the dolls, etc, and her mom appreciated the fact that they had a place to go! win win and I cleared a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels great to clear that space! I thought I had a taker, but the potential buyer never called back. Ah, the joys of selling on Craigslist.

      Delete
  2. Wow, those *did* take up a lot of space! I have one left to figure out if I can part with it or should repurpose it. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the two larger ones were stacked so it wasn't *so* bad, but yeah, it's really nice to have that floor space back in both rooms... and no more visual clutter. I've decided I don't really care for clear storage bins unless the contents are very appealing (ie yarn). The ones I've kept for holiday stuff are not see-through and I've put labels on them. Much nicer visually since they're on open shelves in my craft room.

      Delete

please be kind =)