Monday, March 12, 2012

78. eread me a book

Still working on clearing bookshelves, though today, it's not just a paper book leaving the house!

Today's items:
Another cookbook (one more I have in ebook format too) sold on Amazon! I also sold my B&N nook (and case, light and charger) that just hasn't been getting any love since I got my iPad. Most of my ebooks these days are formatted for kindle and I have both the kindle and nook apps on my iPad plus some ebooks loaded into iBook too. I enjoy reading on that so the actual nook has been languishing on the shelf. I have no intention of purchasing an actual kindle either. Really trying to eliminate any duplicates and I'm happy to see it going to someone who will love reading on it again. =)

Total cash so far this year from decluttering: $758

4 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that electronics now are starting to be wrapped into fewer devices. I don't need a phone and an mp3 player anymore, I can just carry my phone. Good of you to have the courage to get rid of an expensive piece of tech, even though you probably lost money on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I pretty much use my ipad for everything - podcasts, music, email, tv/movies, ebooks. I hadn't used my nook basically at all since I got my ipad and hadn't even charged it since I moved last July. Heck, if it had a camera (mine's a 1st gen), I'd blog on it too. lol My mom read a book on it while I was still in the Midwest and I thought about giving it to her. She loves to read but isn't tech savvy at all and I know she'd never use it again after that one book. And yeah, I sold it for *way* less than I paid, but for something that was just collecting dust, I'd rather have the cash. =)

      Delete
  2. Nicely done! I haven't "graduated" to e-reading yet, but those I know who have just love it. I'm afraid I love my paper books far too much at this point. I've tried selling a few things on Amazon (mostly DVDs), but find the cost of shipping quite often negates any real profit I'd make, so I've stopped. A shame really, as it's quite a good way to get rid of things. Sounds like you're doing very well at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, yeah, the shipping is killer. Media rate shipping costs went up but the shipping allowance hasn't. I only list books that I'll clear at least $5-6 after fees and shipping (and I always use del confirm). Less than that and it's really not worth the time and packaging materials and space to store them while I wait for them to sell. Mostly I've just been donating books along with the majority of the other stuff I've ditched so far.

      Delete

please be kind =)