Tuesday, March 13, 2012

79. no more angels

When you change your diet, some of those kitchen items that were once handy to have around now become clutter in the cabinet. I've been vegetarian since I was around 11 or 12, but more recently finally went vegan. No more eggs, no more dairy.

Today's item:
My angel food cake pan. I can't think of any other use for this that wouldn't be better served by another pan. I thought briefly of saving it to plant a few flowers in in the spring, but it's in really good shape so it's going into the donation box instead so it can be used by someone else for its intended purpose.

5 comments:

  1. why is it that people seem to have more kitchen clutter than almost anything else? (except clothes)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I think a lot of the problem is that there are so many specialized items for the kitchen/cooking. My baking pans are still out of control, but I'm working on it slowly.

      Delete
  2. OHOHOH!! Seriously, I'll take it if I can get it before Easter...I have a recipe that involves an angel food cake and I hadn't even thought of the pan for it! Really, truly. I'll pay for shipping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, saw this too late. No work today so I dropped the few items I had in my car at Goodwill this morning. I'm guessing shipping wouldn't be cheap though. I'd bet that if you ask a few friends, at least one of them surely has a pan you can borrow. If not, you can make angel food cake it a different pan if you don't absolutely need the shape of the standard pan.

      Delete
  3. Aw! Ah well...probably a good thing in the end, eh?. I'll do as you suggest and ask around to see if any friends have one. If not, I can likely get a cheap one somewhere. Thanks anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete

please be kind =)