Wednesday, April 11, 2012

108. framed again

I had a frustrating conversation with my mother yesterday. I don't understand what would make a person spend $500 on a replacement for an aging item and then continue to fight with the old item rather than using the new one. My mother insists on fighting with her 40+ year old sewing machine rather than using the new one she spent too much on 4-5 years ago. She bought it because she was convinced her old machine would die the day after she retired. Yes, my mother always expects the best to happen. *sigh* I can't muster up much sympathy for her trouble with that machine though when there's a new one just collecting dust.

I'll admit I've bought a replacement on occasion and kept the original item stored away. I've gotten much better at that, but I don't think I've ever bought the replacement and kept the new one stored away. I just wish she'd let herself enjoy what she has and not worry so much about saving things for later. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for back-ups around here.

Today's items:
More picture frames today. I ordered these from Jo-Ann Fabric on a really good sale with free shipping... then realized they weren't the right size. Right now, I need an 8x10 and three 16x20s. I don't have anything this size (11x14) to frame and no plans to print anything that size soon. No sense storing these inexpensive frames on the off chance I'll have something that size to frame in the future so I dropped them off at Goodwill where I'm sure someone else will snap them up quickly (and hopefully put them to use just as quickly).

Now, excuse me while I go grab a knife to slice into the fresh loaf of sourdough cooling on the counter... YUM! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)