Monday, April 16, 2012

113. foamy

There's a good blog post on ways we talk ourselves out of decluttering certain items. I know I've used a few of those arguments on myself. I am getting better at realizing when I'm talking myself out of getting rid of something and when my reasoning is ridiculous.

Today's items:
A bag full of foam stamps, a little over 40 of them. Most of them are still new. At least I do see a lot of clearance stickers on them, but still... money wasted. I've been moving this bag of stamps around my craft room since I started really decluttering. I kept thinking about the money spent and that I might actually use them someday. Really? Get over it. I haven't used most of these, I probably won't ever use most of these. Out they go! I kept just what would fit into a small metal lunchbox and all the rest (all of those above) are going away. Less is definitely more. =)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I used to have a boatload of cute stamps. There are so many out there! ;) It's all fine and good if you're actually going to make somewhat of an effort and be creative with them, but if all you do is mash 'em into black ink and be done with it, it's almost a waste of time. They are great little tools for cards, stationary, etc. Otherwise...not so much. There will be some little girl (or big girl!) somewhere who will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....so why are you keeping the rest of the stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good for you! My art and craft supplies are my biggest decluttering challenge. Anything else--easy to fling. Art supplies--VERY hard to make up my mind to declutter any of them, but I'm working on it.

    I'm enjoying your blog very much. :)

    Becky @ Decluttering Diva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! Do you have a blog? Your profile is private. I love checking out others' blogs who are also working on decluttering. =)

      Delete

please be kind =)