Thursday, April 19, 2012

116. all mixed up

Another day in the kitchen. I've found I do best by jumping around with the decluttering. For some, it works best to start in one room or one area of a room and work methodically through the house/around the room. For me, I grab whatever inspires me that day. Find a method that works for you and stick with it. =)

Today's items:
A blender and the glass that cracked when I put a smoothie in it a couple days ago. I originally bought three of those glasses. Two have now cracked when I put cold drinks in them. It's just a matter of time for the third, I'm sure. Apparently I need to go buy some new glasses since I'm down to just the one... although I do still have coffee mugs so maybe I don't need them? As for the blender... I rarely use it and after some thought, I realized that a stick blender would be a better fit for my needs (mostly blending soups & sauces) since it just doesn't handle the thick smoothies I like (think spoon rather than a straw) very well. The food processor does the job nicely though and this is one less appliance on my little kitchen cart. I will be on the lookout for a good deal on a decent stick blender, but it will take up less space and surely get more use as well. I'm also down one bamboo spoon... chewed up by the blender as I tried to dislodge frozen chunks of mango on my last attempt to use the blender for a thick smoothie. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)