Sunday, April 29, 2012

126. don't cage me in

I got my bag of packages to mail all ready and then... realized tomorrow is Memorial Day. lol So, I guess that'll wait until Tuesday. These things just sneak up on you when you're not working regularly (I worked one day last week). Hey, most people only get a 3-day weekend... I'm getting at least 7. At least I know I'll be off though. Usually, I have to wait until 7 or 8am to see if I'm getting work for the day or not. Be thankful for the little things, right?

Yes, apparently I have no idea what month it is! Memorial Day's not until next month. Thanks, Mary! So maybe I will get to work Monday after all. Already printed the postage though so I'll have to wait until Tuesday anyway. More time for people to buy more yarn, right? I already have at least one more sale. =)

Today's item:
No, not the dog. =) I've had this little pet kennel listed for sale on craigslist for far too long. Shipping costs would make it a waste to try selling on eBay the ones I saw weren't getting any bids anyway. As you (and any sane person) can see, it's too small for anything bigger than a toy breed puppy... and a young one at that. My model is all of 9 pounds. At 3 mos, he was 5 pounds and wouldn't have fit even then. Didn't stop people from asking about it to use for their little dogs though - yes, I did list measurements along with the photo for visual reference. Anyone want to know how long it's been since I had a critter small enough to fit in this? I used it regularly to contain my cockatiel while I was cleaning his cage. That was in Alaska. I moved in 2007. While I did have a couple of finches and a spiny mouse when I was in Spokane after that, I'm not sure I actually even used this then. I have no intention of getting any small critters of any kind again. Birds are messy and rodents smell (even if I can't smell them). This is heading to Goodwill where hopefully someone will see it and bring it home for their bird or ferret or whatever. =)

2 comments:

  1. Memorial Day is in May isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah! Apparently I don't know what month it is. =D I really need to get back to working more regularly, I'm lost...

      Delete

please be kind =)