Monday, May 7, 2012

134. selling space

It's interesting how this whole process has changed my thinking. I'm still trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to encourage my mother to start sorting through her house. I know a direct approach does not work, so instead, I  occasionally mention what I'm getting rid of and how nice the empty space feels. Yesterday, I was talking to her on the phone and mentioned that the two large bookcases in my craft/storage room were both only about half full of books. She says, "Oh, now you can get more books!" I laughed and said, "No, that means if I get rid of some more books, I can get rid of one of the bookcases!" Yeah, we're still coming at this whole "stuff" thing from different points. lol

Today's items:
After sorting the yarn, moving the keepers to the trunk and selling some of the rest... I've emptied a few bins. I put these up as a lot on craigslist and sold them the next morning. This is a one-way process, I don't need to keep these "just in case." =)

And, because I want to get rid of that shelf...
I pulled a book off the shelf and added it to my bag headed for the library. =) I'll admit, I was slightly tempted to pull the paper punches off this first, but then I realized that if I haven't used them in all this time, I probably won't. Expect to see plenty more books here this week!

Total cash from decluttering so far this year: $1,270

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)