Friday, May 11, 2012

138. trading spaces

Thanks to some rule changes, I had work available yesterday but couldn't do it. *sigh* Still waiting for the go-ahead this morning. So frustrating. In lieu of real work, I decided to play with yarn and tried my hand at some self-striping yarn! Details and pics are up on my other blog. It was fun... more time-consuming than just dyeing more randomly as I have in the past, but I think it's worth the extra effort. Sitting around waiting this morning, I'm tempted to pull out more yarn to dye. lol I think I'll go search through some cookbooks instead and see if any more can move along...

Today's items:
I used to love this show. Sometimes, they came up with the craziest stuff - hay on the walls? I remember one with moss on the walls too... in a bathroom, I think. There were only a couple designers I'd have ever let in my house. lol I did scan one project idea out of they Ty Pennington book - using a stainless steel bowl for a sink. Otherwise, I definitely won't miss these. Off they go to the library with the others from this week. =)

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh... your book collection has a lot of similar themes to mine! I was a big Traing Spaces fan in the day too (and House Doctor, remember her?) We are moving, and I will be forced to leave my built in bookshelf behind... I see some serious book purging in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the new place! And good luck with selling the current one. Moves are a great opportunity to purge and set up your new place just the way you want. I'm hitting cookbooks today... I've realized just how few of them I actually use.

      Delete

please be kind =)