Saturday, June 9, 2012

167. separated at birth?

It's hard for me to believe I'm not even halfway through this year of decluttering yet. I feel like I've made so much progress already in changing how I look at things and in being more honest about what I truly need.

At the end of May, I packed up most of my kitchen gadgets to clearly see what I was really using regularly. As I go through the month, I'm trying to find alternatives to some of those gadgets. When I think I need something from the box, I try to find another item already determined to be a keeper that can be used for that same purpose. So far, not much has made it out of the box... and I've been able to go ahead and let a few things go that I've realized I don't actually need.

Today's items:
Yes, that's an egg separator. Still in the package.I don't eat eggs and even when I did, if I needed to separate an egg, I used my hand. *sigh* Another useless gadget taking up space in a kitchen drawer. The sifter has been used... twice, I think. I have a fine mesh colander that can be used if needed and since it gets used fairly regularly for other things, it stays, this goes. =) It's just not worth the kitchen real estate to keep something that gets used so infrequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)