Thursday, July 5, 2012

193. I lost 42 pounds!

Part of my intention in selling off the knitting/crochet magazine CDs was to free up the small DVD binder that held them. I had a massive DVD binder of movies that I'd already mostly sorted through a few weeks ago, sold a few and donated a stack. I cleared out a lot of it, but still had maybe 20 left to deal with when I ran out of CD sleeves (I don't keep the clamshells). Had to get sleeves to ship the mag CDs so it's back to sorting and purging! The big binder's now empty and up for sale. =)

Today's items:
 Three more magazine CDs out the door and sold another DVD. =)

Another stack of DVDs and a Halloween CD went into the donation box.

 My coworkers in Alaska made this for me when I headed south in 2006. It rode in my back window on the trip down and it's been hanging around ever since on top of a bookshelf, a shelf that left the house a couple weeks ago. The back side has notes from each coworker so I scanned the front and back and this went in the recycle bin with...

42 pounds of books from my desk! Books leftover from school in 2005 and old coding books from the past few years. I made the mistake once of asking my employer how many of these I needed to keep and they said keep them all. Um, yeah, I've never used more than 3 years worth for reviews so the rest are getting recycled. I haven't referred back to the books from school either so those are going. I replaced that heavy medical dictionary with a paperback after I started traveling and really, I don't even use that since I have constant internet access. Still need to hit the file boxes and do a lot of shredding, but my desk looks so much better now! =)

Total cash from decluttering so far this year: $1,938

3 comments:

  1. 42 pounds! Wow!
    If you ever read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the "answer" to the ultimate question about life, the universe, and everything is 42! That can't just be a coincidence... right? LOL
    I recently got rid of MORE kids science books to donate to the school. I love seeing them in the shelves. In my new house I won't have the wall of built in bookshelves in my office.... so I absolutley must purge unless I want to buy a bookshelf... which I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I totally missed my chance for that reference! Decluttering is the answer! lol

    Yay for getting rid of more books on your end too! And yes, better to purge than buy more shelving. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, great hook on the post title!

    ReplyDelete

please be kind =)