Saturday, July 14, 2012

202. on a schedule

Sometimes I forget that I'm not "normal." Some newer friends saw a list of things I'm getting rid of and were shocked I'm actually doing this. These are people who have heard my plan, but apparently didn't believe I'd follow through. Not everyone dreams of being unburdened and free to travel. This was something that always struck me while traveling for work. So many people couldn't imagine doing that. So many people had never been more than 100 miles from their home. Most people want stability and security, to put down roots. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with putting down roots if that's what makes you happy, it's just not my thing... at least not right now. I think I forget that wanting the ability to pick up and move at a moment's notice and try out new places isn't normal because a lot of my friends do think the way I do, at least to some degree. Owning a regular home makes me feel trapped. I think I should have been born a  gypsy...

Today's item:
A small planner I never actually ended up using. I picked this up while going to school, thinking I could use it to keep track of class assignments and such. Apparently, I did just fine without it. =) It's not large, but since it's not being used, it doesn't need to stay.

2 comments:

  1. I had a planner like that ages ago! All I kept was the calculator. I still use it.

    I hear you on the desire to pick up and move. When my hubby and I were recently discussing whether or not we'd made the right choice where we bought, I told him the only way he'd get me to move would be if we got rid of almost everything and moved into a tiny home.

    That's actually tempting after today's HUGE storm (2" rain in 1 1/2 hours) which flooded the yard pretty badly and tried to wash away half my compost supplies/materials. What good is a garden if it gets flooded out or beaten up with hail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love, love, love to build a tiny home, but that's not something that's going to happen int he next couple months and I worry about staying in this place another year so it's rv for now... but a tiny house is in my future!

      And that's funny about the calculator. I almost snagged the one out of this planner until I realized I have access to a ridiculous number of calculators already - computer, ipad, cell phone, a solar-powered one with built in cover. I even came across my old scientific calculator from high school the other day. Go figure, the batteries are dead after 20 years! lol

      Delete

please be kind =)