Sunday, November 18, 2012

howdy, strangers!

So, apparently, once my big move into the RV happened, blogging also went by the wayside.... but I have a new goal! =)
 
I'm a member of a group on Ravelry (an awesome knit/crochet/other yarny goodness site) that's all about living in a small space and there's been some discussion lately about what our collective goal for the new year should be. Last year, we had a goal of getting rid of 50 items which anyone who's been around here knows I far surpassed. I love what seems to have been settled on for next year. What's the goal for 2013? One in, one out. Well, technically, some are aiming for a one in, two out but since I'm already in such a small space with things already really pared down, that goal would leave me with an empty RV unless I just quit shopping altogether. Hmm, maybe not such a bad idea. LOL I know me though and I know I'll shop at least some so keeping myself to the one in, one out rule will keep things nice and comfy in here. It will also make me really think before I buy since I'll know that means something else has to go. =)
 
Untitled
BTW - I have officially been living full-time in my RV for 3 whole months! And yes, I still love it. =D I have had a few issues and have a few things that need to be fixed (darn it), but overall, I'm still very happy with my decision to do this. The space is plenty for me and the critters. We did make it back to eastern Washington (Spokane). I'm currently parked in a friend's backyard. There's a hint of some possible travel for work after the new year, but nothing is certain yet. It's a bit farther than I'd planned to drive though, esp in the winter. Not so sure I really want to do that. It'll depend a lot on how long the job will be. That drive won't be worth it if it's only a couple weeks of work since I'd be losing 3 days in transit each way (meaning of course, I wouldn't be working) which would offset the higher wage. We'll see.
 
I'm doing a lot of catch-up lately. I'm trying to clear out digital clutter and working on clearing out my HuluPlus queue by watching or just deleting shows - I've already dropped several of my 2nd tier shows. I'm doing the same with the podcasts I'm watching/listening to and the blogs I follow as well. I've fallen SO far behind on most - there's just no time for them all. I want a clean start at least by the end of the year. =)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back and enjoying the RV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've missed you. Glad to hear things are going so well for you all. I've had thoughts of throwing it all in and moving to the UK once I've finished school - along with my shiny new certificate. Workwise? Not sure I'd stand out among thousands of others, but I thought I might throw my hat in the ring regardless. I'm up for a new adventure. It means I'd have to pare down to basically nothing (me and three kitties) and start fresh on the other side, but I'm feeling restless, so who knows? It's just a thought and certainly following your blog has planted seeds...good luck on the travel possibility!

    ReplyDelete

please be kind =)