Saturday, January 5, 2013

birthday prep

It's my birthday! =)

I got a box in the mail from my mother. Without peeking in the bag that came out of it, I decided to make room for the new things by filling the box with stuff that could go:
 
I filled it... and then some! =)
  • plastic pitcher - I was given this by another coder when they flew home from Oregon. It doesn't fit into my fridge and I really try to limit plastic. It's been taking up space for too long... off to the donation box!
  • pair of fuzzy Halloween socks - started falling apart the first time I wore them - trash!
  • a sweatshirt and two t-shirts - donation or trash depending on condition
  • new jar candle - limited flat surfaces + cats = no burning candles! - donation box
  • Snuggie - Ugh, I really loathe these things. It was a gift (last year?). I've been using it as a dog blanket for awhile but have far too many throws I like and no room for storing things I don't. It's in good shape so it's into the wash then the donation box.
  • hanging cat tower - a Christmas gift - I don't have a good place for this in the rv since the bathroom door is my only real door and would put this in the small hall to my bedroom and in the way. Returning for store credit to be used for something that's a better fit.
So far, so good on making sure as much goes out as comes in! =)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you!

    Oh now that's a clever way to keep up with decluttering. I just got a few post-holiday sale items in just yesterday & have yet to open the boxes. I'm pretty much decluttered at this point, but I for sure don't bring in anything new without something old going out, so the 3 new items I just got means 3 of something else goes out. Keeps things in check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah, mainly just trying to keep ahead since space is so limited. I don't want to end up with all available storage spaced packed full. lol

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Karen!

    I'm in a new phase of decluttering, too, and just put a handful of things in a box this morning. It's amazing how much stuff I allow to linger when I have the space. By envisioning the remote possibility of one day moving into a tiny house, it's easier to narrow down what I really *want* to keep. Always impressed and inspired by your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does make it easier when you keep in mind the big (or little) goal. =) I haven't even been tempted by after Christmas sales thanks to working tons of overtime. Lots of work, no time to shop!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Karen!

    What a great use of a box! I need to get back to my 'one in, two out' philosophy as I'm feeling it's getting cluttered around here, although most of it is 'hiding' in drawers, closets and cupboards. I sorted through my junk drawer today and got rid of quite a few things, so that felt good, but I need a concerted effort to clean out the rest of the place. Just a couple of hours, some focus and a couple of boxes should do it. As always, inspired by your determination and discipline. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so quick making the decisions. These were things I knew I should have already gotten rid of but that extra motivation got me moving. =)

      Delete

please be kind =)