Sunday, June 8, 2014

episode 21: it shrunk!



Out of the Stash (FOs):
  • Yarn Basket Ornament – crochet pattern by Melissa Mall - used a very small amount of Jo-Ann Sensations Sincerely in dark brown and used some small leftovers from my sock yarn blanket for the yarn balls. Squeaked in my May ornament just in time. =)
  • Felted Dryer Balls out of Lion Brand Fishermen’s Wool in oatmeal, natural and maple tweed plus a partial skein of Lion Wool in winter white to finish off #20.
  • Rainbow Mug Rugs on the Ashford SampleIt loom using Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted Tones in wine dance, Hawaiian sunset, jungle greens, torini blue and regal medley and Lion Brand Lion Wool dyed with lemonade Kool-Aid. Woven then felted lightly. I guarantee I’ll never again need to look up how to do hem stitch!
  • My Stash Dash total is now 3507 yds! The dryer balls got an additional 1434 yds out of my stash! =)

On their way out (WIPs):
  • Sweet Eleanor Scarf – free crochet pattern by Quince Tart - making as part of a CAL with my LYS, Paradise Fibers, using a skein of Jo-Ann Sensations Caribbean in met orange.
  • Turkish Tiles Dishcloth – free knitting pattern by Rebekah Yeager - making for the Hudson Valley Knits Senior Love-along using Lily Sugar’n Cream in Hot Purple and Hot Green.

Stashed:
  • Pirns for the tensioned boat shuttle that don’t fit. =(
  • I didn't buy the yarn for the weaving project! I decided I didn't want to be forced to buy extra to get the sale price.
Future plans:
  • Sewing new curtains for my kitchen and I plan to sew a summer top for our Craft-along ending this month, but haven’t started yet.
It’s Easy Being Green…

Reusable shopping and produce bags! Yes, we all know we should be using them, but do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)