Episode 23 – 6/18/14 – imbalance
I’m learning about balance in weaving. I’m also striving for balance in life. I’ve instituted media-free Sundays a la Joanna Spring of Knit Spin Farm. No texting, email, Instagram or Ravelry, no computer or iPad other than reading an ebook since I don’t really get physical books these days. I even unplugged my router – no temptation to take a peek.
Out of the Stash (FOs):
- · Turkish Tiles Dishcloth – free knitting pattern by Rebekah Yeager - made for the Hudson Valley Knits Senior Love-along using Lily Sugar’n Cream in Hot Purple and Hot Green. Most dishcloths I’ve made are in the 40-60yd range. This one used a whopping 108 yds!
- · Gus shared his idea for that acrylic yarn in the boxes! Lol Thanks for the push, Gus. =)
- · This brings my Stash Dash total to 3,615yds!
On their way out (WIPs):
- · Sweet Eleanor Scarf – free crochet pattern by Quince Tart – making as part of a CAL with my LYS, Paradise Fibers, using a skein of Jo-Ann Sensations Caribbean in met orange.
- · Mystery Tapestry – I’m trying my hand at some tapestry weaving. I warped my Martha Stewart loom with some cotton and plan to play around. Still deciding on a pattern, but I have a few ideas. =)
- · Returned the ill-fitting pirns =( but ordered cardboard quills thanks to the suggestion of Helga (helgaundmichael) in the Ravelry group! =)
- · I also got a free Craftsy class! I made a suggestion they liked and they gifted me a class off my wish list as a thank you. How cool is that?! I noticed that they’ve made the change I suggested too! I’ll be trying out some new big bowl vegetarian recipes soon. =)
- · Woven project using recycled sari ribbon yarn. It will be available as a kit in DenKnits’ new shop!
It’s Easy Being Green…
Check out your local library to share items instead of buying new! Mine offers not only paper books, but DVDs, CDs, ebooks and downloadable audiobooks and recently started offering streaming video!