Episode 24 – 6/25/14
You have just under a week to finish up any summer tops for the May/June CAL! Right now we have 5 FOs posted so the odds are good! =)
Out of the Stash (FOs):
- · Punkin Head 3.0 – There’s Christmas in July, why not Halloween in June? Reversible Knit Halloweenie Beanie by Laurie Perry (free) using Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in terracotta and olive
- · Sweet Eleanor Scarf – free crochet pattern by Quince Tart – making as part of a CAL with my LYS, Paradise Fibers, using a skein of Jo-Ann Sensations Caribbean in met orange.
- · I’m not Sari scarf – made as a sample for the new DenKnits shop!
- · This brings my Stash Dash total to 4,302 yds. Just over 1,100 to go!
On their way out (WIPs):
- · I’m not Sari cowl – working up sample #2 for the DenKnits shop
- · Beaufort Hat – pattern by Angela Hahn, using Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in eggplant
- · Mystery Tapestry – I’m trying my hand at some tapestry weaving. I warped my Martha Stewart loom with some cotton and plan to play around.
- · I stole one last skein from the boxes of yarn that came with my big loom before dropping them off at Salvation Army yesterday. My plan for the tapestry includes this skein so it’s not sticking around long. =)
- · Christmas Pudding Dishcloth available free on the Lily Sugar’n Cream website, using Lily Sugar’n Cream in
- · Hurricane Angel – pattern by Leigh Steiner, using Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller Washable Ewe in duckling
- · New CAL for July/August – New Discoveries CAL! – try a new craft, a new technique, a new fiber… Post a pic of what you did and tell us how it was new to you!
It’s Easy Being Green…It’s all about poop. Check out the Smart Cat Box. I found out about these from Rosie of the Healthy Knitting podcast on YouTube. It’s awesome! Minimal tracking, no dust, minimal waste to deal with and I’m saving a ton on litter! Any suggestions for dog poo?