Wednesday, July 2, 2014

episode 25: hung out to dry


Episode 25 – 7/2/14 – hung out to dry

DRAWING – A winner is drawn for the Summer Top CAL. =)

AND we hit 150 members in the Ravelry group! There’s a new thread on the board to enter for a prize. Tell me, what’s your favorite fruit? =)

Out of the Stash (FOs):
  • ·         Beaufort Hat – pattern by Angela Hahn, using Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in eggplant.
  • ·         Hurricane Angel – pattern by Leigh Steiner, using Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller Washable Ewe in duckling
  • ·         I blocked my Sweet Eleanor Scarf too. It looks SO much better!
  • ·         This brings my Stash Dash total to 4,419 yds.


On their way out (WIPs):
  • ·         Christmas Pudding Dishcloth available free on the Lily Sugar’n Cream website, using Lily Sugar’n Cream in Red, White and Hot Green and Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Delux in espresso.
  • ·         My warp for the big loom is ready! 600 yds of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Twists in blue/green/turquoise/white. Weft will be various cotton solids from my stash.

Stashed:
·         I bought pirns to alter for my shuttle. I refuse to give up!! haha

Future plans:
·         New CAL for July/August – New Discoveries CAL! – try a new craft, a new technique, a new fiber… Post a pic of what you did and tell us how it was new to you!

It’s Easy Being Green…
Summer is upon (most of) us! Put the sun to work and dry your laundry outside! The sun will also help whiten your whites naturally. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you still have no fitting quills / pirns.
    There are two sorts of them: one for boat shuttles and one for end delivery shuttles (which is what you have). What I could dedect from the remnants your funny little dog left, you have the one for boat shuttles. These are not tapered. You need the tapered ones.
    Look here: http://www.toika.com/files/cache/8d8f8c6814f85e558867cdd92ca92ee8_f82.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figured out I'd bought the wrong thing when they arrived. If my LYS had had them in stock, I would have just gone down there and I would have known they weren't what I needed. Ah well, live and learn. Lol I am set up now and there will be weaving this week! :-)

      Delete

please be kind =)