Wednesday, July 16, 2014

episode 27: rain, rain, please come back!


Episode 27 – 7/16/14 – rain, rain, please come back!

  • A quick update on my tech-NO Sundays by request. =)
  • And a Kickstarter you might want to check out! Courtney of the Fearless Knitter podcast has a Kickstarter with a plan to start a yarn dyeing business. Check it out here!
  • I also found a good place for my orange scarf/shawl! Sheila and Wendy of the Knit1, Heart Too podcast are sponsoring a Comfort Shawl Charity KAL/CAL. New or gently used shawls can be donated by mailing to Webs at the address in their thread. Mine is bright and cheery so I think it would help to brighten someone’s day who’s going through a tough time. I’d like to weave at least one more to donate as well. Do you have any lurking in the closet you could donate?

Out of the Stash (FOs):
  • ·         I sewed the Christmas in July bag for the 150-member prize drawing and a winner is drawn!
  • ·         I also sewed up some lavender dryer bags to go with the felted dryer balls I’m mailing out. =)
  • ·         I’m not Sari Cowl and an extra piece of plain weave to finish off the warp. The warp is Darn Good Yarn Rad Rayon in ocean swoosh blue. The weft is Darn Good Yarn At the Bahamas (recycled sari silk ribbon). This will be available as a kit in the DenKnits shop!
  • ·         This brings my Stash Dash total to 5,662 yds! Past the goal! =)

On their way out (WIPs):
  • ·         Scrappy Stripes hat – pattern by Denae Merrill. Free through the end of July! I’m using various worsted/aran weight acrylics from stash.

Stashed:
  • ·         I didn’t buy anything at the Paradise Fibers sale last week so no new reed for the loom.
·         I won a $10 gift certificate from the Kitchen Stitches podcast for the 2nd quarter of Somer’s Christmas All Year Long KAL. I got to pick where and chose, where else… Paradise Fibers! Guess who’s getting the yarn I decided to wait on awhile back? I know what the next project on my Baby Wolf will be! =)

Future plans:
·         Deciding on my July Christmas ornament. Manda-Jane suggested a great set of crochet granny square ornaments - Christmas Bunting Granny Style by Agrarian Artisan. These are written for fingering weight though so it got me searching… I found Country Christmas Garland by Carol Bancroft, Mini Stocking Pop! By Vickie Howell and Star Light Star Bright by Charissa Ragsdale which are all written for worsted weight. I was planning one of each for my tree, but I might just have to make a combined garland for my mantle. My tree is pretty tiny after all. ;-) Links for all 3 patterns I'm using can be found here.

It’s Easy Being Green…

Some days all I get in the mail box is junk mail… and it just gets recycled. Check out www.catalogchoice.org to opt out of catalogs, credit card offers, phone books, circulars, etc. You will need to look up companies individually, but they’ll contact the company for you and you only enter your address one time. This is a free service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)