Thursday, August 21, 2014

episode 31 - so much learning


Episode 31 – 8/20/14 – so many ways to learn!

Out of the Stash (FOs):
  • ·         You get to see what you can win in the Fudge Ripple KAL! I sewed project bags this weekend and you can win one! It's a very fitting pattern too. =)
  • ·         I finally sewed my living room curtains too!

On their way out (WIPs):
  • ·         Doncaster Shawl – pattern by Holli Dapp – using my handspun!
  • ·         Spinning up two 4-oz braids to 2-ply: Both are merino/silk/bamboo. Chicks Dig Scars from Cattail Knits and Beach House 5 from Spinneretta’s Studio.
  • ·        Working on my August washcloth – Trying out Tunisian Chevron Stitch with some Lily Sugar’n Cream cotton in Violet Stripes. I found directions for this stitch in 
  • ·        I still need to finish the purse for the Paradise Fibers KAL! I’m running out of time!

Stashed:

Future plans:
  • ·         Doing some sewing machine maintenance with direction from a couple of Craftsy classes: Sew Ready: Machine Basics with Amy Alan and Sewing Machine 911 with Claudia Miller
Here's the class you can still get for free:

·         I also plan to watch T-Shirt Quilting with Diane Gilleland this Thursday and Friday (Aug 21-22) on CreativeLive. This is a free class if you watch during the live stream. They also usually show it again for other time zones.

It’s Easy Being Green…

Prescription and over the counter medications are showing up in our water. Can you use a natural remedy in place of a medication? Click here for info on proper disposal of expiredmedications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)