Episode 31 – 8/20/14 – so many ways to learn!
Out of the Stash (FOs):
- · You get to see what you can win in the Fudge Ripple KAL! I sewed project bags this weekend and you can win one! It's a very fitting pattern too. =)
- · I finally sewed my living room curtains too!
On their way out (WIPs):
- · Doncaster Shawl – pattern by Holli Dapp – using my handspun!
- · Spinning up two 4-oz braids to 2-ply: Both are merino/silk/bamboo. Chicks Dig Scars from Cattail Knits and Beach House 5 from Spinneretta’s Studio.
- · Working on my August washcloth – Trying out Tunisian Chevron Stitch with some Lily Sugar’n Cream cotton in Violet Stripes. I found directions for this stitch in
- · I still need to finish the purse for the Paradise Fibers KAL! I’m running out of time!
- · Alpaca/bamboo roving from a local alpaca farm! I even met some of the alpacas. Here's the website for the farm and shop. =)
- · Doing some sewing machine maintenance with direction from a couple of Craftsy classes: Sew Ready: Machine Basics with Amy Alan and Sewing Machine 911 with Claudia Miller
Here's the class you can still get for free:
- · And... I’m heading to my local library this Saturday for a Food Preservation Basics class!
It’s Easy Being Green…
Prescription and over the counter medications are showing up in our water. Can you use a natural remedy in place of a medication? Click here for info on proper disposal of expiredmedications.