Episode 33 – 9/3/14 – feeling blue
Drawing for a winner in the New Discoveries Craft-along!
We have 200 members in the group! How about a giveaway?! Fall is soon upon us in the northern hemisphere, so tell me, what’s your favorite thing about Autumn?
I sent 3 shawls to Webs to be given as comfort shawls. I went through my closet and decided my Sweet Eleanor Scarf (by Quince Tart), Wingspan (by Maylin Tri’Coterie Designs) and Piper’s Journey (by Paula Emons-Fuessle) should all go to new homes through this awesome charity.
Out of the Stash (FOs):
- · Spun up two 4-oz braids to 2-ply: Both are merino/silk/bamboo. Chicks Dig Scars fromCattail Knits and Beach House 5 from Spinneretta’s Studio. I haveabout ¾ oz of the Beach House after plying, but got about 950 yds pre-wash!I’ll remeasure once it’s dry.
- · The destash is going well! I’m very happy with what’s moved on to new homes. =)
On their way out (WIPs):
- · I pulled my Summer Fool shawl out again. Free pattern from Patricia Martin. I’m using madeline tosh merino light in the Baltic colorway.
Back in the Stash (frogging):
- · My Chunky Cable Bag (pattern by Nguyen Le) is getting frogged!
· Nothing yet, but I have plans to use the destash $ for a set of hand cards and a couple of boat shuttles. Hoping to also get a new reed for the Baby Wolf! Thanks to all who have helped my stash lose some weight! Yarn and books are still available on stashlessdestash on Instagram. =)
It’s Easy Being Green…Color your hair? Have you tried henna instead of the chemical-laiden hair dyes from the store? Have you tried henna? I get mine from The Henna Hut online and I love it!
(Video is also available via iTunes and podcatchers.)