Episode 40 – 12/3/14 – what’s a day off?!
It’s been a month! Thanks to all of you who stuck with me through this unplanned longer break. 70-hr weeks tend to put a crimp in the crafting. :-/ It was good for the budget, but bad for everything else. Things have finally slowed down and I’ve recovered from being overworked and finally started playing with yarn again.
I hope everyone had an amazing, restful holiday weekend!
Out of the Stash (FOs):
- AfterMidnight scarf - woven on my Ashford SampleIt loom using Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks BFL Twister Sock in moon river
- AccidentalPlushness scarf - woven on my Ashford SampleIt loom using Color Me Happy Happy and Round that was a happy accident (non-repeatable) and Plymouth Yarn Sinsation in black
On their way out (WIPs):
- I wound up a bag full of dryer balls! These will be part of Christmas gifts along with lavender dryer bags, I just need to felt the balls and sew the bags. =)
- PioneerBraid scarf (free) by Catherine Ryan using Patons North America Soy Wool Stripes in natural plum – This yarn has been in my stash since Reilly was a pup!
- Lintilla by Martina Behm using Color Me Happy Really Happy Sock in fairy garden
- Sockhead Hat (free) by Kelly McClure using Wisdom Yarns Marathon Socks North Pole in the Mery Mery colorway
- Waves ofAutumn scarf – woven on my Ashford SampleIt loom using the leftover Austermann Step in moss and Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks Lodge Sock in sweet potato pie using clasped weft technique
- I won a skein of Valley Yarns superwash merino/nylon in Leyden from Spinning a Yarn Monday with Fe. =) And it came with an awesome pumpkin knot bag!
- Not working so dang much! ;-) And starting classes! =)
It’s Easy Being Green…
Hit up the bulk bins to avoid extra packaging and save some cash too! If you haven’t yet, definitely check out the bulk spices. You’ll be amazed how much less expensive they are and you can buy just the amount you’ll use in a reasonable amount of time and won’t waste those old spices when they’re no longer fresh. It’s a great way to try new things too since you can buy just a small amount.