Monday, June 29, 2015

simple life - simple satisfaction

We so often tend to get caught up in the next big thing. We get something new (or new to us) and then find something bigger or better or just... newer. I'm no stranger to this feeling! Last year, I bought a tiny weaving loom. I enjoyed it immensely. Then what did I do? Did I keep weaving away on my tiny loom? No... I bought a floor loom! I wasn't satisfied with just the tiny loom and wanted something bigger and better. I'd never even used a floor loom before... and it wasn't cheap, even though it was secondhand. I used it a bit but quickly discovered I didn't enjoy the process of setting it up all that much so it just sat, collecting dust and making me feel guilty that it wasn't being used.

These days, I'm learning to be more content with what I have and have been letting go of what I don't need (like that floor loom). Some people though, they have it figured out from the beginning! 


Talk about a simple life and living below your means. I don't even watch baseball, but this guy is awesome! We may not all want to simplify quite to this level, but I think we could all learn a thing or two from Daniel Norris.

What do you think? Does he inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind =)